Outside Wiring

Who do I need to contact if I am making renovations or adding an addition to my home which requires me to move outside cable lines or locate under ground wiring?

Customers doing any excavation work on their property must contact the "One Call" center for his/her state to have their under ground wiring located and marked out. The One Call center will contact RCN and request us to mark the location of our underground cables. Please see the section below to find the telephone number for the One Call center in your area.

Customers adding an addition to their home or making other renovations that require RCN to relocate our cable wiring or any other RCN equipment must call 1-800-746-4726 to make the appropriate arrangements.

State laws require anyone who digs to notify utility companies before starting.

Anyone who needs to know the location of underground cables should contact the appropriate "One Call" center for his/her state. That center will then contact RCN to mark the location of our underground cables.

"One Call" Centers or the Dig Safe System is a communication network, assisting excavators, contractors and property owners in complying with state law by notifying the appropriate utilities before digging. These centers notify RCN of proposed excavation projects. In turn, RCN responds to the work area and identifies the location of underground facilities.

"One Call" Centers or the Dig Safe System Contact numbers:

Have been with RCN since 1995--great service! Do not change what is not broken!
Fastest ISP 2018

Fastest ISP

2016 Overall Satisfaction


2015 Top Consumer Recommended

Top Consumer

Readers Choice 3 Years in a Row

Readers Choice
3 Years
in a Row

Reprinted from www.pcmag.com with permission. © 2017 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Our Plege to You

Switching Is Easy

With same-day installation, two-hour service windows and 24/7 customer support, switching to RCN has never been easier.

Read Our Pledge