Billing Frequently Asked Questions
Use the links below, skip down to your topic of choice or simply scroll through the topics to learn more.
- What charges will appear on my very first RCN Business bill?
- What taxes and fees does RCN Business add to my bill?
- How do I pay my bill online?
- When is payment due for my RCN Business bill?
- Will I be charged a late fee if I do not pay my RCN Business bill on time?
- My payment is late and I’ve received a disconnect warning. Can I avoid having my services turned off?
- My services have been disconnected due to late or non-payment. Can I have my services reconnected and is there a reconnection fee?
- Can I view my bill online instead of (or in addition to) receiving a paper bill?
- How do I view my bill history online?
- Can I pay a bill for someone else?
- Do I have to pay a deposit for my cable TV converter box, and if so, how do I get my deposit back?
- Can I pre-pay for a whole year?
- Can I receive my RCN Business bill in Spanish or a language other than English?
- If I sign up for RCN Business bundled Cable TV, Phone and Internet service, will the charges for all three services appear on one bill?
- How do I disconnect my RCN Business service(s)?
What charges will appear on my very first RCN Business bill?
There are a number of factors that impact the amount of your first RCN Business statement, not the least of which is the type and number of services you’ve purchased. Here are several factors to keep in mind when reviewing your first RCN statement.
- Based on what day of the month you signed up, RCN Business will bill you a prorated portion of your regular monthly service charges for the current month. This applies to cable TV, phone and Internet services.
- All standard taxes and fees appropriate for your state and local region will be included for the current month.
- In keeping with industry standards, RCN Business bills one month in advance including estimated taxes and fees for cable TV and Internet services. So, in addition to the prorated portion of the first month’s service changes, you will also be charged the entire amount of the following month’s regular monthly service charges, taxes and fees. This is typically the reason why your first statement will be a larger than succeeding statements, at least where cable TV and Internet services are concerned. (See item below regarding phone services.)
- Phone services, in some part are based on variable usage, and therefore not billed a month in advance. So, while you will see a prorated charge for the first month’s service, you will not see an advance charge for the next month’s service, as is the case with cable TV and Internet services. This, together with your prorated charge for your first month of service makes your phone charges appear less than is typical.
- Installation fees, if any, are typically included in your first statement following the technician’s installation visit.
- Charges (if applicable) for services like Pay Per View or Video On Demand, if purchased within the month, will also appear on your first statement.
- If you are upgrading to different a two or three service bundles, expect to see either prorated and/or advance service charges appear on your statement for the new services. Likewise, if you are downgrading, expect to see your next statement reflect prorated service changes based on the date you stopped the service.
What taxes and fees does RCN Business add to my bill?
Taxes and fees charged to customers vary based on the services you are purchasing the state or local region in which you live. To have a better understanding of the taxes and fees appearing on your RCN Business bill, we recommend you visit the Understanding Your Taxes and Fees section of this website.
How do I pay my bill online?
Visit the Customer Center to create a MyRCN account for free online access to your RCN account. Be sure to have your account name, number and security password ready to sign up. Once logged on you can view and pay your bill online or if you’re mobile download our RCN Mobile app! RCN Business accepts payments using the app or online using credit or debit cards with the VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo and by direct debit from a bank checking account.
When is payment due for my RCN Business bill?
To avoid the possibility of incurring late fees, RCN Business recommends paying your bill immediately upon receiving your monthly statement. Your due date will be listed on your monthly statement.
Will I be charged a late fee if I do not pay my RCN Business bill on time?
RCN Business encourages customers to make timely payments to avoid late fees and possible service interruption. RCN Business reserves the right to charge late fees when payments are not made on time. If you are charged a late fee, you will be notified through a printed message on your bill.
My payment is late and I’ve received a disconnect warning. How can I avoid having my services turned off?
Call 1.877.726.7000 and select the option for making payment arrangements. This will put you in touch with a customer service representative who will help you settle your account.
My services have been disconnected due to late or non-payment. How can I have my services reconnected and is there a reconnection fee?
Call 1.877.726.7000 and select the option for making payment arrangements. This will put you in touch with a customer service representative who will help you settle your account. And yes, you will have to pay a reconnect fee for each RCN Business service (cable, phone, Internet) that has been shut off due to late payment and reconnected. If you have any past due balance, it must be paid in full before RCN can restore your service.
Can I view my bill online instead of (or in addition to) receiving a paper bill?
Yes! Visit the Customer Center to create a MyRCN account for free online access to your RCN Business account. Be sure to have your account name, number and security password ready to sign up. Once logged on you can choose the billing method that’s right for you, look for Paperless Billing. On-the-go? Download the myRCN Mobile app from the Apple iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store for easy access to view your bill, make payments, update your billing method and more!
How do I view my bill history online?
Visit the Customer Center and register for our MyRCN service. Once you’ve registered and logged on to the system, visit the Account Summary page. Then click on the “View Previous Statements” button below the current statement. You will be presented with a list of past statements. Click on the statement you want to view. RCN Business will keep up to 12 months of statements online. We recommend that you copy the PDF files to your hard drive for safe keeping.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer in order to view your bills, which are displayed as PDF documents in your web browser. (Many web browsers/computers come with Adobe Acrobat already included, if yours does not, download Adobe Acrobat now).
Can I pay a bill for someone else?
Yes. To pay an RCN Business bill for a friend or family member, call 1.877.726.7000 and use our automated phone system to make the payment. You will need to have the account number handy for the bill you are paying. Currently, you cannot pay a bill for someone else online. This option is only available through our automated phone system.
Do I have to pay a deposit for my cable TV converter box, and if so, how do I get my deposit back?
RCN Business does not collect a deposit for cable TV converter boxes.
Can I pre-pay for a whole year?
Only dial-up Internet customers may pre-pay for a year of service. RCN Business does not currently accept pre-payments for other services.
Can I receive my RCN Business bill in Spanish or a language other than English?
RCN does not currently offer bills in other languages.
If I sign up for RCN Business bundled Cable TV, Phone and Internet service, will the charges for all three services appear on one bill?
All cable TV, phone, and Internet services are available on one bill from RCN Business. If you have been receiving separate bills and wish to receive one bill, then call Customer Service at 1.877.726.7000.
How do I disconnect my RCN Business service(s)?
We're sorry to hear that you want to downgrade or cancel your service. Please contact us at 1.877.726.7000 so we may assist you.