About Work Community Independence (WCI)
WCI is a non-profit agency that helps individuals with a wide range of intellectual disabilities achieve a rich, meaningful life through an array of services. Headquartered in Waltham, Ma, WCI manages residential housing services for 135 people throughout 55 locations in four cities.
- WCI manages 55 locations throughout Massachusetts that were billed as separate entities making monthly management of the accounts confusing and time consuming.
- With 135 people scattered throughout four cities, WCI faced additional charges due to excess purchases from residents.
- Each WCI location requires individualized communication components for their Internet, phone, and TV service to accommodate specialized needs.
- WCI relied on cable broadband in a highly saturated area causing fluctuations in broadband performance.
- The large number of multiple locations mixed with the complexity of services led to numerous troublesome issues whenever services needed to be changed.
- The sensitive nature of the residents’ disabilities required a compassionate approach to installations so as not to disrupt their quality of life.
- To devise a solution, RCN looked at the issues of accessibility, availability, and affordability to offer services that promote safe, independent living that WCI could easily manage.
- The RCN account rep performed a comprehensive audit of services and spending uncovering several areas to implement improvements.
- Installed fiber-based Ethernet solution at WCI’s headquarters.
- Consolidated the 55 separate locations into a single company with multiple locations to streamline billing, support ticket management and service.
- Assigned dedicated account manager to handle all WCI properties.
- Uniformly applied TV, Internet, and phone services to all residential units.
- Set up residents with appropriate packaging to eliminate excess purchases.
- Delivered voice services including PRI phone trunks.
- Upon implementation of Fiber-based Ethernet network, WCI quickly realized a significant improvement in network performance, a 90% reduction in IT trouble tickets, and an immediate cost savings
- Unlike larger competitors, The RCN Business engineering and sales staff took the time to understand and address WCI’s unique needs and delivered a custom answer to provide a flexible, and robust solution.
- WCI residents received appropriate account features to address their specific needs and eliminate invalid billing charges.
- The organization was able to increase their account security and decreased the amount of time that it took to handle technical or billing concerns by having all their properties on a centrally managed account with a dedicated account manager.