About The Javits Center
With 840,000 square feet of flexible exhibition space occupying six city blocks, the Javits Center is known as the Marketplace for the World®. Located in New York City’s West Side neighborhood, the facility recently underwent a five-year, $460 million renovation. The Javits Center attracts 35,000 companies/exhibitors every year, helping to drive the economies of both New York State and New York City.
Working with channel partner, ZLH Enterprises, RCN Business was asked to design a secure redundant network for both Internet and voice services at the Javits Center, augmenting their existing solution.
After carefully considering the Javits Center’s requirements, RCN designed a secure backup solution consisting of multiple components.
- Dedicated Internet Access
- RCN comes in with other provider from one location, and as sole provider at second location
- Voice solutions, including SIP phone trunks
- Dual carrier, dual entry network
- RCN quickly had a solution up and running
- Engineering staff was present and available to address any issues that arose
RCN worked in concert with ZLH Enterprises to provide a reliable, fiber-rich network that spans all networks and delivers a scalable solution. Since installation, the Javits Center has expressed complete satisfaction due to:
- Outside-of-the-box thinking from both engineering and sales staff
- A flexible and robust solution
- Provided a second point of entry diverse from other providers
- RCN was helpful in establishing connection amongst all carriers
- Secure and redundant service
- Met stringent requirements of customer