RCN Business, a communications provider delivering network solutions for voice, data and video, announces today the availability of Amazon Web Service (AWS) Direct Connect for customers. AWS Direct Connect customers can now link to AWS Direct Connect locations using RCN Business’ reliable, high-performance network. Businesses can reach the AWS Cloud via the RCN Business dedicated point-to-point fiber-based E-Line service, with available speeds up to 10 Gigabits.
Cloud computing has evolved into a key IT component for businesses across all industries. RCN Business enables private connectivity between an AWS Direct Connect location and the customer’s data center, office location or carrier hotel environment. With access to AWS Direct Connect, companies can achieve enhanced security, increased reliability and improved performance by bypassing the public Internet through a direct connection into the AWS Cloud.
“Businesses of all sizes are integrating AWS into their networking architectures, and the underlying ‘must-have’ is a fast and reliable network,” explains Michael Carrosquilla, SVP Commercial Services at RCN Business. “CIO’s today are looking ahead to ensure their organizations are prepared as more data passes through the cloud. RCN’s wholly-owned network is ideal for offering a fast, reliable and secure connection.”
- Enhanced security – Because data between the enterprise access point and AWS is routed entirely across the RCN network, mission critical traffic is isolated from the public Internet
- Better resiliency – RCN’s fiber ring topology helps protect critical data and provides superior network availability.
- Lower cost of ownership – AWS Direct Connect and RCN Business provide a lower cost of ownership compared to standard Internet access charges into the AWS Cloud.
- Increased performance – The service provides enhanced throughput and optimized connectivity between business location and AWS
- Greater access – AWS Direct Connect is compatible with all AWS services, including: Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Seamless integration – RCN Business provides 24/7 proactive monitoring and support to ensure the network is up and running
To learn more about RCN Business data, voice and video services, visit About Us.