Can I get service at my home?
Check to see if RCN is available to you.
Help in Philadelphia
Caller ID Block
Caller ID Block
Caller ID Block prevents the subscriber's phone number and name from appearing on the called party's Caller ID display unit.
- When a customer subscribes to Caller ID Blocking, it remains active on the line.
- Instead of the customer's name/ phone number being displayed on the Caller ID, the called party sees "P," "Private," or "Anonymous" on their display units.
Caller ID Block may be temporarily disabled in order to call someone who has Anonymous Call Rejection on their line.
- If the called party subscribes to Anonymous Call Rejection, the subscriber's call will not be completed because this feature denies calls from Private or Anonymous callers.
To temporarily disable Caller ID Block
- Lift receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *82.
- Listen for the tone.
- Dial the telephone number you wish to call.
- The subscriber's name/number will appear on the caller ID of the called party.
- After hanging up, Caller ID Block automatically reactivates.
Service offerings are contingent upon RCN verification that the specific address covered by the service request is an RCN serviceable location. Prices do not include taxes, franchise fees or other surcharges. Services and pricing are subject to change. All photos used within rcn.com are intellectual properties of their respective owners. Services are subject to terms and conditions of RCN’s subscriber agreements, on-line policies, and other applicable terms and conditions. Other restrictions may apply.