Returning RCN Business Equipment
Please promptly return RCN’s equipment on the day of or prior to the scheduled disconnect work order. If you do not return RCN’s equipment in a timely manner, charges may result to cover the cost associated with replacing the unreturned equipment.
RCN equipment is defined as:
- Converter Boxes- including Single Tuner, Dual Tuner, Digital, HDTV, DVR
- Cable Cards
- Cable Modems- including 1-Way and 2-Way Modems, VOIP Modems, and Home Networking Modems
RCN equipment can be returned by:
- Visting a Local RCN Office in your area - please call 1.877.726.7000 before visting to ensure your equipment can be received at that location.
- Shipping the equipment back to RCN. RCN will provide you with a prepaid UPS shipping label. Please see instructions below.
Using Prepaid UPS Shipping Labels
RCN appreciates your efforts to return our equipment. To make this transaction as convenient as possible, we can provide you with a prepaid UPS shipping label. You can view & print the label instantly, have it e-mailed to you, or have it printed and mailed to your mailing address.Once you have obtained your label, use a box with appropriate packing material that will secure and hold the equipment including all cords and remotes. Then affix the mailing label and drop it off at any UPS location. It’s that simple!
Customer agrees to pay such charges whether the equipment is lost, stolen or destroyed. Customers who provided a credit card or bank account for collateral will have all charges associated to the unreturned equipment applied to the designated account.
All charges will be removed from the associated account upon satisfactory return of RCN’s equipment. Customers, who elected to pay a rebatable collateral equipment fee, will receive their rebate upon satisfactory return of all equipment on the customer account within 30 days of disconnection.
* Please note: Missing power cords, remotes and/or damaged equipment may be charged to your account. Additional services provided by UPS such as charges for boxes, packing and or home pickup, are the responsibility of the customer. Your account may be charged for equipment that is not returned to RCN. The charge may vary depending upon the make/model. Once the undamaged equipment is received by RCN, the charges to your account, if billed, will be reversed.