DMCA Policy and Procedure
RCN TELECOM SERVICES, LLC is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws. RCN Telecom Services, LLC reserves the right to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the service provided to any customer or user in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws and regulations. RCN Telecom Services, LLC will terminate the subscriptions of repeat copyright infringers. RCN Telecom Services, LLC’s copyright compliance policies do not affect any other rights RCN Telecom Services, LLC may have under law or contract.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and you believe that your rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed, you may submit a Notification pursuant to the DMCA. After receiving a compliant Notification regarding infringing material residing on RCN Telecom Services, LLC’s network(s), RCN Telecom Services, LLC will, to the extent required by applicable law, remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing and take reasonable steps to promptly notify the subscriber that RCN Telecom Services, LLC has removed or disabled access to the material.
Under the DMCA, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to RCN Telecom Services, LLC, the alleged infringer, and the alleged copyright owner for damages incurred as a result of the misrepresentation.
You may direct DMCA Notifications to RCN Telecom Services, LLC’s Designated Agent using the following information:
Designated Agent: Peter Jacoby
Address: 956 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476
Telephone number: 855-726-7210
To submit a compliant Notification, you must provide the following required information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit RCN Telecom Services, LLC to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
RCN requires that each notification be in a PGP format or a compatible standard and must be digitally signed to verify the identity of the sender.
PUBLIC KEY INFORMATION FOR DONOTREPLY@RCN.COM:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: GnuPG v2 mQENBFePip8BCADbkSKfdxt847b9mFs0wB3f+yhqx8/scoicGniP2QfcwgTmOBVK EzdLRUfPpi//PYzcPoEMGvyWsP4XAgVNxtqy4k+oex+XRTC/bZAnRUyIGMe7T6vt cUowWxTuTCffOpQBi07MJR3m2T+h6rXBN3QpRoihRrPS84a3OVYNfdbC3LLW9MLs FHBTum63rKUM02/jJxvXnQH7CSYfupWeqftL9ZyBw334caPfQHEORnRl0Hucqv6g bEM20OHxli+QzCfLm8CXkS8xHYl8argfxWb9xL0truZfeGc4Vzjg5sN2OVqZkb2e 8ss/fq580NFuiypXXfB665Vb62oE5ZTjGvhzABEBAAG0JFJDTiBDb3Jwb3JhdGlv biA8ZG9ub3RyZXBseUByY24uY29tPokBNwQTAQgAIQUCV4+KnwIbAwULCQgHAgYV CAkKCwIEFgIDAQIeAQIXgAAKCRCuxtyZ2Q3lzj9xCAC6UPsyCU5S+yN0ozTJlvOG r0i8i+W0XGq+AVfXlif4Ffv4mXOjl//2re2pnkrfVyRHNyoVYPfI6kgN34LWPWJe 1s8h5cfjaS1gea86Q2tof7+nqly65xZjoLjIhr5/DbXmWGntnHbO9rPCb1BoQnBL 112dna3Gacpl9mdtVznt4zNhbYyXvH8IQe70T4w7qyKkB94kUiMy+AEoq7EQbz6d zl59hp2tTBiUCZzawSGdKDcYUBLqTGHmz/t6/aVjukr+8D3ebAB2uxzdvOQacm3W DQ5gZhHgShtUST9L/2flQbIkqVycleO0zf03GvlAyH/rUOf5As1hnb63nMESPTgI uQENBFePip8BCAD2b5yt7QIzKDEc93smw7DtPrCxtxT2DxC6iU6folp4DkmjlVvN pFxSpXijZs/O31/RPmJgSpKrBkP6Hln3hlkkoGPAUn452muQWoqGB8dVfCHAkFaA KnKFcHYa4D31esvUHo3ROfne5bL8u1sDE2w1qieBIX9Yy/dsTgFOwQJA23t1sdAp vbDzCt3aRc3zPSainwNk6q5xxDXSrkhIk7YMmWXBM1qBpbqfXy4McRAMkarkjFQF 11AT4SuQKHZ0Uuc+CQX2ZMjHyOpWzLUM99Mq/DE/b5NIzrhUVh8PaK1gcaAzZBve 93ZkVgNkx7o/leTnV0oZwdGaLo8deRANT+idABEBAAGJAR8EGAEIAAkFAlePip8C GwwACgkQrsbcmdkN5c7JJQgAvfczQMLH54wipHw4/IcFX5SGAXAQ0LNPcFmgN+1y OVv552ouNNt8/5lXIFB8QH+nvlhOBbg+mbXA0FShV+fqnjARC+y+tK2xT7MhYMN6 8COVBeXKQRSCAxEvZBLNqNm7kgTGYNiyr+Zste1SfKUKk6Udm/jVj8eCGFWFV8Ep +wihFnPVUhhuftIyAto/DWdvLx2B8mWlMrT6ooKMXf6NvrWB1x0t5dUXjeX0a8QM Cx6brySBwaRvxDHXRBV1atfgT9TT5ernHYyH5RC9ZDAgmD1Rr3WVPvErghv6KOhL ITMxxVoKkywzdFDOc6iK/kpxaux2860kCl6dnJcozOUycg== =tA2w -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
If you receive notice that material has been removed, or access to it has been disabled, as a result of a DMCA Notification, you may file a Counter Notification with RCN Telecom Services, LLC’s Designated Agent.
To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or access to it was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided the Notification or an agent of such person.
After receiving a compliant Counter Notification, RCN Telecom Services, LLC will forward a copy of the Counter Notification to the Copyright Owner. If the Copyright Owner informs RCN Telecom Services, LLC that it has initiated an action seeking a court order against the subscriber, RCN Telecom Services, LLC will take no additional action, and any accused infringing material will continue to be blocked until that action is resolved. If RCN Telecom Services, LLC does not receive notice from the Copyright Owner that an action has been initiated against the accused subscriber, RCN Telecom Services, LLC will inform the subscriber that any removed material may be replaced by the subscriber, and RCN Telecom Services, LLC will take steps to restore access to any blocked materials.
NOTE: The information on this page is provided to you for informational purposes only, and is not intended as legal advice. If you believe your rights under U.S. Copyright law have been infringed, you should consult an attorney.